Saturday, June 12, 2010

Final Presentation

Just thought I'd add a final entry about how the presentation went.

I was nervous about presenting our film to our peers as well as Hugh from PRA, and lecturers/tutors Josh and Lisa but at the same time I was really excited to see how it would be received.
I was worried that the quality of our finished film would be terrible compared to other groups because we started animating so close to the due date and ran out of time. But I was surprised to see that our presentation and our film were of a higher standard than some of the other groups, not to say they weren't good and a couple were outstanding. However, I think I expected more from other groups after seeing their work in progress presentations for assignment 3 and how much better they had been than our own.

I think our presentation went smoothly and all three of us are fairly confident and relaxed when it comes to public speaking so that definately helped and suited the laid back and comedic style of Nice Pear Studios.

Histoires Petite Pomme
was received really well, we got a lot of laughs through out the film and even into the presentation, so we consider our job done.

I know that if we had started animating sooner the level of polish would be much higher and the film probably could have flowed better but lesson learnt.

I can't believe how fast this semester has gone! Feels like only yesterday we were learning to make a stick figure wave and I wrote my first post. DMIII was a great experience and I am really looking forward to working with some of my peers in the future whether in class or in our own time.

Cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment